The following are not my own words. These are notes taken from Collge Success.
- Outlining is a good way to start the writing process.
- To write a successful discussion post, students should use a writing process similar to writing a paper.
- Using all capital letters is considered to be shouting.
- Giving feedback in peer assessment is stimulating self-reflection.
- Peer assessment develops feedback skills, subject matter mastery, and self-appraisal skills.
- Peer assessment helps students to make the ability to make judgments.
References and Student Affairs
- Last name, I. I. (Year). Title. Journal, X(X), XXX-XXX. HTTP DOI LINK
- Organization. (Year). Title. Retrieved MONTH DAY, YEAR from HTTP URL.
- Organization. (Year). Word. In dictionary name. Retrieved MONTH DAY, YEAR from HTTP URL.
- Citations are not required when it is something that the writer personally experience and that that information is common knowledge.
- Giving incorrect information about the source of the quotation could result in dismissal from the University.
- A student can drop a course without academic penalty during the first week of the course session.
- The students should budget 15–17 hours every week for a single course.
- Final grades are published 7 days after the end of the course.
- A student can request Leave of Absence that begins the first day of the following term.
- Netiquette is internet etiquette.
- Netiquette is rules about what should and should not be done in online communication.
- Netiquette is important for respect, harmony, and tolerance in online classes.
- The Ladder of Inference helps us to stop ourselves from jumping into conclusions about situations.
- Critical thinking is a meta-thinking skill, which requires thinking about thinking.
- Critical thinking improves language skills and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking is the foundation of effective communication, the principle used in effective decision making, and a way to uncover bias (ဘက်လိုက်မှု)and prejudice (ဉပါဒါန်စွဲလန်းခြင်း).
- Critical thinking skills required to identify the relevance and importance of ideas.
- Critical thinking skills are impacted by knowledge and practice.
- “Ad populum” means that the argument is based on “Everyone does it”.
- “Root cause analysis” diagnoses the cause of the issue and suggests possible solutions.
- Starbursting is a technique for brainstorming new ideas by asking a lot of questions.
- Self-directed learning identifies your learning goals, cultivates intrinsic motivation, and practice using what you’ve learned.
- The student is the most responsible for learning.
- A self-directed learner has self-confidence. He follows the syllabus to stay on track. He reflects knowledge gaps and uses research to fill those gaps. He actively brainstorms ways to apply course material outside of the class.
- Self-determination theory is characterized by understanding the motivation a person has to do something because it is inherently interesting to them.
- Intrinsic motivation is like learning a new skill so that you can use it on a project you are excited to tackle in your workplace.
- Active learning improves the retention of information.
- The most effective strategy is reviewing your notes after taking them and writing a short summary of your notes after taking them.
- Effective reading is Reading, Note-taking, Capturing key ideas, and Reviewing.
- Concept Map is best used when you want to capture relationships.
- List note-taking is that it focuses on thoroughly capturing information, and it minimizes the ability to process information as notes are taken.
- Cornell method is placing keywords in the left-hand side margin of the paper.
- Outline method is that it is the easiest to do electronically, it allows you to prioritize the information, and it can be complicated during lectures.
- Effective reading includes reflecting content after reading.
Stress and time management
- The best strategy for stress management is time management.
- Effective time management requires prioritization.
- Goal setting improves time management.
- Characteristics of goals are Realistic, Specific, Timeframe (time-bound), and Motivation.
- Being productive in the morning is part of your person’s time personality.