Here are instruction steps to install Oracle instant Client on Ubuntu
- Create a folder dedicated to Oracle.
sudo mkdir /opt/oracle
2. Download and unzip Oracle Instant Client at
sudo wget https://download.oracle.com/otn_software/linux/instantclient/214000/instantclient-basic-linux.x64-188.8.131.52.0dbru.zipsudo unzip instantclient_21_4
3. Install linux asynchronous I/O library called
sudo apt update
sudo apt install libaio1
4. Add and link system configuration for instant client path.
sudo sh -c "echo /opt/oracle/instantclient_21_4 > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/oracle-instantclient.conf"
/optfolder is reserved for the installation of add-on application software packages.
- Oracle Instant Client is an interface driver for Oracle Database to connect between Code and Database System.
libaiois used for asynchronous I/O operation without waiting for threads to be finished.
/etcfolder is where system configuration exists.